Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Celebrated Father's Day early today.... We went up to Sears Point (now Infineon Raceway) to race his kart. My sister was supposed to come, too, but in a confusing and typical (for my family) turn of events, she bailed. If she had been there, I'm sure you'd get to see pictures me, looking dorky as hell in a racing suit! =(

Here is my dad's kart. As you can see, you sit about an inch off the ground. It's just you and the road! =( Also, scary thing to notice, is the gas tank sits right between your legs!

Here's my dad, getting ready to go out...

Here are some people on the track... It's a very small, very tight track with lots of tight hair-pin turns...

Here's my dad, crossing the start/finish line and going into a turn.

It was pretty fun. I took the turns as fast as I could and still just looked like I was cruzing gently along compared to the other karts. The whole things vibrates intensely, so you only go out for several laps, until you can't stand the shaking anymore. The kart doesn't have rearview mirrors and it runs so loud that you have NO idea when someone is behind you, so suddenly they just zoom by you and it scares the hell out of you!! Oh well, it's a lot different and funner than those little things at Scandia/Camelot type places, because it goes sooo much faster and hugs the turns better.

No comments: