Sunday, August 03, 2003

I got 5 on it

Hwy 5, known to me as the California Autobahn, is always interesting. 6 hours to LA and back. I drive about 100 mph when I can, but there are a lot of trucks that slow me down. I play with the cute guys and drive away from the not so cute ones. I see accidents, cars flipped and totaled, etc. I see missles from military bases and lines of a hundred army jeeps. My left arm gets sunburned one minute and rained on the next. I try not to look at the truck drivers who watch through their rearview mirror and then honk when I pass. Once I saw a strange thing shoot up into the sky with a rainbow smoke trail. I still don't know what it was, but it was beautiful. Today, I passed a fire that started while I was getting gas. No firefighters had come yet and the flames were on the pavement. I could feel the heat from the fire, it was actually kind of scary having to drive around the wildfire. Anyway, I'm lookin forward to more roadtrips down the California Autobahn (5) in the future! Whoo hoo.

No comments: