Thursday, December 11, 2003

If you give a mouse a cookie...

My mom slipped on our driveway and broke her leg. It's a workaholic's worst nightmare, to be helpless, unproductive, and vulnerable trapped on crutches. She hates it. So, I end up being her personal slave. When she rings the little bell, I have to come running and with a cheery smile say, "What do you need, mom?" Tonight, I helped her undress, take a bath, dress in pajamas, then after she crawled into bed, she realized that she forgot to brush her teeth. So I put toothpaste on the toothbrush and gave it to her along with a glass of water and a towel to wipe her face with. She finished brushing her teeth, then realized that she didn't eat her ice cream, so she ate her ice cream and cookie, and I had to get a new toothbrushing set ready! And, she complained about how dirty her retainers were (and complaints always mean that she's asking without actually asking), so I brushed her retainers for her! Then she wanted a glass of milk, so off I went... And that's just 5 minutes!

No comments: