Monday, July 26, 2004

At my internship with Chez Panisse, I help the Pastry and Assistant Pastry Chefs. The best part of the job is staff lunch because all the food is delicious! But today, I went to go sit down with my plate of food and there was a table with people crowded around it; full. So I sat alone at the next table while they all talked about life, and I just quietly ate my food. How sad! =( I'm loner (or should I say loser?). Also today, I was chopping chocolate with a tool like this one (it's the best way to chop blocks of chocolate):

You have to put a lot of weight into it to get the block to break into chunks. Anyway, My finger slipped and I accidentally punctured my finger!! I felt it go about halfway through my finger, and it didn't start to bleed for a second, so I had time to go clean it and put a bandaid on it. In the food business, however, you must also keep the bandaid out of the food, so you have to put on a glove, or in this case, just a finger condom! So I had to wear this embarrassing little slip of plastic for the rest of the day! How funny! A picture, of course, for your amusement! =)

No comments: