Wednesday, September 15, 2004

I went to the San Francisco Opera, which I've been meaning to do for years. I saw La Traviata. The first guy I sat next to was very rotund and breathed heavily. It was very annoying, so I switched seats with my mom, and just my luck the guy next to me had turrets, not the swearing at random moments kind, but the kind where he would twitch and every once in a while make a hiccupping sound. It was less annoying than the heavy breather, so I stuck with that seat. The opera was not as sad as I had expected; I was not all that impressed. Maybe my expectations were too high, or maybe it just wasn't the right story for me. I'll try again, on opening night next year, so I really get to dress up! =) Also, I got to see Jennie and Mitch, who happened to be sitting in the section above me! Yay for funny intermission chats! P.S. My parents thought you were both really nice.

No comments: