Friday, October 15, 2004

Pumpkin Carving!!!

We teamed up. Chris/I had one pumpkin and Sarah/Mitch got the other...

Chris makes the first cut for the lid...

After removing the guts of the pumpkin, Mitch draws a preliminary design for the face.

But luckily we had stencils...

Now for the actual cutting...

Chris and I finish our pumpkin first... It's a bat cave!!! (And it has a wart on it's wing...)


Aaannd, like 4 hours later, Sarah and Mitch finish!! Mitch says it was because the face was very hard to do because it was so fragile..

So, I put theirs out on the front porch with the other pumpkin, but then suddenly it falls off the chair! I dropped their pumpkin!!

Mitch comes running!!! "What did you do?!" he shouts. He tells me that if I broke the face that he worked so hard on, he would break my face!

So, we pick up the pumpkin and inspect the face.... The mouth is broken!


Mitch is PISSED. Chris has to hold him back and Sarah has to hide the knives. I apologize, but it didn't sound sincere because I was laughing so hard... Then I told Mitch that it was scowling like a pirate, so it's a Pirate Pumpkin. That made him happy!

Yar! Happy Pirate Halloween, Mateys...

No comments: