Tuesday, February 21, 2006

On Friday, after classes, Chris and I drove to Berkeley. We met my cousin, Grace for dinner. She was in town for a Debate Competition!
Here is my sister, Grace, and me:


We ate dinner at Everett & Jones BBQ in Oakland... My dad really liked his ribs:


Then it was off to Sun Valley, Idaho! This time with some more members of the family... yes, those terrible twins from the East...

They didn't make it when they were supposed to. Stupid Delta Airlines was delayed getting to their connection city and the plane from there wouldn't wait for them. In fact, they flew from Newark to Atlanta and arrived at 5:29pm. The plane to Boise, which was supposed to leave at 5:32 actually left the gate EARLY at 5:29pm!!! Rediculous. It was the last flight to Boise, but Delta refused to pay for a hotel room for them. And they refused to give them their luggage, saying it was in a secure storage facility! They made it, exactly 24 hours later...

Here are some pictures before we went out to dinner on Sunday night...
Chris and I


Cheesy picture of my mom and dad...


And here is the other side of my family. My half brother Pete, his wife Lisa, and the very faternal twins, Allison (straight hair) and Joanna (curly).


We asked Chris to see if he could spot who was the mother's favorite twin. After two days with them, he told us that there wasn't much (and it is less apparent than it was before), but he guessed correctly that Joanna was the favorite.

Last but not least, the skiing was WONDERFUL. Beautiful snow, nice weather (really cold, but decent), and fairly empty slopes. It has to be heaven when this is the view as you swish back and forth down the hill:

No comments: