Thursday, August 19, 2004

I picked my parents up from the airport at midnight. They've been in Alaska for 2 weeks and were ready to be home. So, what's the first thing they do when they get home at midnight? Do they: Raid the fridge 'cuz they're starving, go straight to bed 'cuz they're tired from traveling, or sit down, relax and tell me about their trip??? buzzer! Time's up. That's what they would do if they were normal. But no, my parents set their bags down at the front door, and start going through the stacks of mail. Why? Because they "have so much to get done" that they have to start right now. Then, they show me souveniers, and this throws them into more unpacking. So then at 1am they unpack all their clothes, tell me all about it, and start some loads of laundry. It's now almost 2:30am and they are just settling into bed.

No comments: