Sunday, October 24, 2004

I guess I should give a promised update of how the saltine race went... We heard from a friend that it's impossible to eat 8 Saltine crackers in a minute. Here are the rules: 8 Saltines in a minute, anyway you can (one by one, 4 by 4 or all eight, if you like)... Nothing to drink during that minute and you can't mash them up before you put them in your mouth. So, Mitch and I think we can do this. We get the Saltines and I go first. I stuff two in my mouth, try to chew, time is running out fast, stuff another two in there and now it's even harder to chew. It was like my mouth was going in slow motion, I couldn't bit down as fast as I wanted to. At 15 seconds remaining, I stuff the remaining 4 into my mouth. Big mistake because then of course the time runs out and I am stuck with the biggest wad of crackers in my mouth and no room to chew... Mitch attempted also, and with a little better luck. He got most of it chewed, but not all, I'd estimate he did about 6 crackers. I don't think it is impossible to do 8, just damn hard! The crackers turn to cement in your mouth and makes it so hard to chew and swallow. We're done with that. If you can do it, you're my hero.... (No pictures because the last ones were ugly enough and I figured I'd spare you of more hidious photos of me just sitting there chewing. Also, chewing is more of an action, that you can't catch through still pictures...)

No comments: